Business Manager – Food Ingredients
Foodjob Nordic is looking for a Business Manager for Alsiano’s Food business.
Alsiano FOOD offers a broad range of ingredients and raw materials for the food industry in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland, working together with leading manufacturers of food ingredients. The product range comprises a versatile line of food ingredients ranging from sweeteners, proteins, and fibres to blends and mixes.
As Business Manager you will be responsible for a highly motivated team consisting of 4 Area Sales Manager and 3 Back-office employees. Further you will be managing a few key customer accounts within the FOOD department and working closely with the Managing Director and the Business Manager for the Health Care unit to target areas of growth and new product opportunities.
The objectives for the Business Manager include:
- Manage, coach and develop the FOOD team in order to secure a sustainable growth
- Pro-actively drive forward sales and gross margin within the sectors by managing all aspects of the customer relationship
- Responsible for the total customer interface, maintaining and growing existing business with current customers
- Researching new market opportunities and targeting new customers for maximizing sales
- Identify and develop relationships to grow opportunities and new business with prospective and existing customers
- Lead negotiations with larger customers
- Provide technical support to customers in close cooperation with suppliers
- Build and execute the future commercial strategy and plans to drive relevant growth of the business unit FOOD
You will be based either at the office in Copenhagen or at the office in Billdal, south of Gothenburg.
You possess significant commercial experience from customer facing roles providing a consultative sell of raw materials or ingredients for customers in the food industry. Besides this you are experienced in leading, motivating and coordinating a commercial team.
Your solid technical understanding is ideally based on a B.Sc./M.Sc-degree within chemistry, food technology, biotechnology or a related technical field.
Knowledge of the FOOD markets in the Nordic countries combined with strong business acumen is key to growing the business. So is experience of working in a collaborative way with customers and suppliers to problem solve specific issues and identify new opportunities.
Besides the above you have excellent communications skills, verbally and in writing, in one of the Scandinavian languages and in English.
With regards to travel you should expect a level of +60 days per year travelling within the Nordic countries as well as in Europe.
Further information and application
Senior Advisor Martin Alsted from Foodjob Nordic, tel. +45 2917 1009, email: firstname.lastname@example.org can be contacted for further information on the position.
Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.