Quality Compliance & Performance Manager
We are looking for a Quality Compliance & Performance Manager in our Fiedler & Lundgren factory based in Malmö, Sweden.
Fiedler & Lundgren is a member of the British American Tobacco Group, and is a market leader in snus production and innovation, making use of local organically grown tobacco grown, harvested, dried and cut in Skåne region
The purpose of the role of the Quality Compliance & Performance Manager is to manage End to End Quality to assure quality of manufactured product according to the consumer requirements. The role facilitates the continuous quality improvement processes, products and wrapping materials. Furthermore, it contributes to the high level of product quality and its improvement, through timely information, and insightful recommendations, inappropriate business environment. Moreover, it manages the level of inspection according to process risk assessment and is expected to work across the organization with multiple functions internally within Scandinavia.
Key Deliverables and responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and implement all quality activities in two factories and supply chain with a focus on meeting both customer and consumer requirements and the outcomes expected within the Company plan and perform risk assessments of all activities in the factory that can have an influence on quality and document the key risks in the Process FMEA – implementing key controls to manage the risk;
- Support the quality assurance department in line with the Company strategy, to set objectives and targets to direct reports, manage their performance, to ensure plan targets are met and all functional tasks and projects delivered;
- Support Shop Floor Quality standards, Lab testing and product release (which includes an inspection plan and the quality assurance plan & the process control matrix);
- Support all quality performance analysis & key metrics, driving improvements where required: Quality to Specification/Quality to Consumer, Consumer/Customer Complaints, Retail Quality Audits, Product Integrity & Traceability and Pest & Hygiene Management and influence performance through Quality Improvement Forums (Quality / Product / Supply Chain / Procurement / Trade Marketing);
- Support the internal and external (e.g. Swedish Statuary Quality Audits) audit process for the factory ensuring compliance and driving improvement in the management systems;
The role reports to the Quality Manager – NEA and supports both operations and marketing and is responsible for highlighting and delivering improvement activities enabling a more satisfying consumer experience through efficient utilization of resources. The role needs to work closely together with many local and regional stakeholders in the business and has additional working relationships with others as follows
- Regional Product Functions
- Regional/ Local Supply Chain Teams
- End Markets
- Regional & Global Quality Teams
Key Success Factors
- Implementation of Quality Performance Initiatives and Concepts are formally planned, and the key stakeholders/functions are involved and communicated to.
- Application of knowledge and skills across quality performance indicator that lead to on-going quality improvements and awareness in the business.
- Prepare and publish timely performance reports to key stakeholder Interpersonal skills and cooperation with project teams and functional management/networks is essential in applying the organization’s quality improvement activities.
- Degree level in a science applied science or engineering
- 2-3-year experience in FMCG or Food Manufacturing Quality role preferred
- Understanding of Consumer-centric quality management principles, Quality Performance & Compliance Reporting, Continuous Improvement, Product and Materials Test & Release, Product Chemical Lab Testing & Review, Retail
- Quality Audits, IWS or Lean Manufacturing Principles, Product Integrity & Traceability, Pest & Hygiene, Quality KPIs and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Experience with the establishment of policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control, ISO 9000, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement tools (e.g. Unified Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventive Actions) & HACCP
- Ability to adapt fast and self-develop
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Fluent in spoken and written Swedish and English
- Good computer skills in MS office.
Are you passionate and looking for a long-term career and development opportunity?
We are a growing organization and are excited to offer you a career and development opportunity.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.