Senior Brand Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Brand Manager on behalf of our client Upfield. The company is on an exciting journey to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants. If you know your Kale from your Quinoa, or the difference between a Flexetarian and a Regenerative Grazer you might be the perfect person to join Upfield on this mission.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Lätta, Becel, Crème Bonjour, Milda, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv. Upfield is a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. The company has the mind-set of a start-up, which makes the company fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
The role will be responsible for supporting the Marketing plan in a way that generates mass excitement in the Upfield brands – from Above the Line channels right back to the fixture as well as the ongoing responsibility of the brand’s P&L. This role also leads our category perception agenda in the media.
The role will build effective relationships, working cross-functionally to deliver the business strategy and financial targets for the Upfield brands, reporting directly to Head of Marketing.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the food industry –in particular plant-based foods and emerging trends including the consumers, competitors and retailers’ environments to identify key growth initiatives & opportunities.
- Continuously understand ongoing business performance using key diagnostics of share and growth trends, key initiatives, competitive activity and return on marketing investment.
- Optimise the plans accordingly for ongoing improvement.
- Develop the brand with long-term growth in mind.
- Manage a profitable brand and product portfolio.
- Work on the innovation roadmap for the brand and lead NPD projects.
- Take part in briefing and management of media agencies as well as PR & Digital agencies.
- To deliver through the line campaigns that help to grow the brand overall.
- Work closely with the local Sales Team to assist in building plans to grow our customer’s categories, to ensure engagement and successful execution of brand plans.
- Good business understanding and ability to work effectively with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Understanding different customer needs & being able to integrate in Brand plans
- Entrepreneurial Drive and an affinity for spotting opportunities ahead of the market
- Passionate about knowing what happens outside of the consumers house & instore with the shopper
- Flair for Project Management, including connecting stakeholders to drive outputs
- Creative thinking
- Great team player with ability to work with and lead remote teams
- Independent and able to deliver fact based, objective views of the business
- 5+ years’ relevant Marketing experience, ideally from FMCG.
- Relevant business education.
- A strong creative, entrepreneurial and strategic mindset.
- Previous experience in brand development, managing brand P&Ls, media planning and driving agency relationships.
- Excellent analytical thinking and communication skills to present clearly, simplify complex topics and influence decision making; communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English & Swedish
- Experience with leading innovation/NPD projects
- Experience from the food industry
Sounds interesting? Please apply with an updated version of your CV. For this recruitment Upfield is collaborating with Nigel Wright, if you have any questions regarding the role or process please include those in your application. Also note that all applications are reviewed on a continuous basis.